AERONAUTICAL INDUSTRIAL CAMPUS
PYRÉNIA is the industrial activity area specialized in aircraft construction, maintenance, retrofit and dismantling!
Located halfway between Tarbes and Lourdes, Hautes-Pyrénées (65) and all around Tarbes Lourdes Pyrénées airport, the aeronautical industrial campus develops its activities in the aeronautical, energy and environmental aerospace-related transition fields.
HISTORICALLY SPECIALIZED IN AIRCRAFT CONSTRUCTION SINCE THE SOCATA (TARBES AIRCRAFT CONSTRUCTION COMPANY NOW KNOWN AS DAHER GROUP, SINCE 2015) ESTABLISHMENT, THIS INDUSTRIAL AREA HAS DIVERSIFIED ITSELF SINCE 2009 INTO THE FIELDS OF AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE AND END-OF-LIFE AIRCRAFT DISMANTLING.
The strategic orientations selected for the position of the site enabled the latter to develop second or third hand aircraft industrial activities.The TARMAC AEROSAVE installation provided a new industrial dimension to the campus for end-of-life aircraft maintenance, storage and dismantling.
It’s about the whole range of activities and jobs enabling a partial or full reconfiguration of the aircraft. The aim is to provide a global solution to avoid the aircraft owner the extra costs generated by one or many conveyings.
PYRÉNIA ALSO DIVERSIFIES IN NEW ACTIVITIES RELATED TO OPTIMIZE ENERGY USE AND ENERGY TRANSITION IN TWO WAYS:
- Disruptive innovations for a more energy-efficient aircraft: by committing to the development of new disruptive energy technologies, the aim is to confirm the site vocation and its exemplary environmental solution.
- An attractive and sustainable energy supply. It is the corollary of a more energy-efficient aircraft development : the aim is to develop an energy supply offer that would allow manufacturers to be more competitive and have a long-term control of energy cost.
WHAT THIS CENTRE OFFERS TO COMPANIES:
- INDIVIDUAL SUPPORT from the creation to the development of the company.
- A QUALITY ENVIRONMENT with particular care given to the architecture and environmentally friendly arrangements.
- A LONG-TERM PROJECT : serviced lots but also land reserves to build a long-duration project et plan future developments.
- A RANGE OF HIGH VALUE-ADDED SERVICES : catering, meeting rooms, rental property with a business incubator or a business center…
Airbus A340 “Blade” test demonstrator aircraft developed since 2010 in partnership with TARMAC company.
This project aims at improving the environmental footprint of aircrafts by reducing wing friction by 50% and reducing CO2 emissions by 5%.